If a member of an owners association fails to pay the service charge to the association by the due date, and the owners association has decided to initiate action under Article 68 of Law 27 of 2017, the Owners Association Manager, or in the case where a manager has not been appointed, the chairman of the board of the owners association,
- shall send an Order to Pay to the defaulting owner, stating:
- the unit number,
- name of the defaulting owner,
- CPR number or Passport number or both,
- amount to be paid [set out the full amount outstanding as at the date of the Order to pay]. If the amount includes any administrative penalty for non-payment this should also be stated,
- copies of the previous notices and reminder notices sent to the defaulting owner,
- any other relevant document proving the non-payment of the amount,
- referring to any previous notices sent before the notice of the Order to Pay.
*The statement and steps above are provided for guidance and RERA takes no responsibility on the outcome of the process.